Pay it Forward Initiative
From left to right: (Image 1) Students, alumni and faculty pose with their donations at the Ronald McDonald House Long Island location. (Image 2) Student Kimberly Cheeks drops off her donation at the Nanuet campus location.
Philanthropy (def.): “the giving of anything – time, money, experience, skills, networks – in any amount to create a better world.”
Mission Statement: The Pay it Forward Initiative at SUNY Empire is about inspiring, recognizing and encouraging students, alumni, faculty & staff to seek out imaginative ways to engage and give back to the college and the communities in which they live.
Ideas for Key Initiatives/Goals:
- Tell the story of what philanthropy is at SUNY Empire throughout all regional locations.
- Promote what the group does and highlight key initiatives at large student events throughout the year. (Examples: Residencies, STAC and Wellness Retreat)
- Promote events throughout the state that PIF student members are going to participate in and invite others to join (alumni, students, faculty & staff).
- Promote Initiative at Commencement through Class Gifts to keep alumni engaged and instill philanthropy to the college.
- Constantly educate students on how gifts are transforming their student experience
- Reinforce the importance of how philanthropy in local communities improves all lives
- Share opportunities on how to get involved and make a difference at the college
- Share opportunities on how to get involved and make a difference in their communities
- Invite other students to become active philanthropists each and every day and share their stories
- Partner with alumni who work in human services, not for profit fields to show the power of Empire philanthropy